Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Finca Novena Part 8 of 10- A Prayerful Heart


This is the seventh of my reflections on the different lines of the finca prayer, a prayer we pray daily here at the farm. To see the idea behind this series of reflections please see this previous blog (http://mkatthefinca.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-finca-prayer-novena-part-1-of-10.html)



"a prayerful heart that loves to be in communion with you"

My current role, caretaker of the teenage girls.
My role next week, retired finca volunteer enjoying her last two weeks in Honduras.
My role next month, stateside former finca volunteer that supports the farm in prayer and spirit.

A pillar here at the farm is community, being present in communion with one's community.  I am currently a torn soul in this department.  

I want to enjoy every last second with my teens here in La Ceiba, as my heart breaks as I think of not being with them every day.

I want to be retired, as I recognize my tired nature, and the need for new energized people here in the city.  Recognizing Sara and David as amazing souls who will do great things here.  

I want to see my stateside family and friends again.  Not simply running around for two weeks having dinner, but truly being present to them as well.

I want all three, but I cannot have all three, I physically can only have one at a time.  This is heartbreaking.

The finca prayer saves the day again, for in prayer, I can be in true communion with all three.  In prayer my current weak nature is made strong and I am able to be present  and intentional with all three intentions.  What a glorious and merciful mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment